Thursday

Change is Good!

This week I decided that there was going to be a substantial change in my life... and it is way overdue... but I could not figure out which of my daily routines I need to change or manipulate a tiny bit. Then it hit me... I wear contact lenses every day, all day long until I go to sleep. Therefore the routine I will change is wearing my glasses; which I never do because contacts are very resilient and one can be more mobile when one has contacts on. At first the habit was difficult to break but I decided to give it a shot. My face felt heavy, my eyes felt more strained, and the glasses made my head look huge.. or bigger than it already is. But for the sake of preserving the assignment I went along my day with my glasses on my face. I hated it! It was terrible because they were getting caught on my clothes and they keep fogging up when it is cold. But all of a sudden it started to rain while I was walking to work and something wonderful happened. I actually felt my eyes do something which I never felt before. I think they were actually breathing. The sensation was amazing, and for the first time my eyes felt rain drops and fresh air without the constraints of a soft, clear plastic layer. The feeling was sort of liberating and from that moment I decided to wear my glasses more often; not all the time but much more often. I never thought that such a little thing like wearing glasses would make me feel so "fresh".

No comments: